Sometimes being in a partnership can be a very rewarding experience. You can share things together. You can do things together. And to top it all off, you can just be together too. Although I do know of a partnership that did have a very adverse affect on those people around them -- Fred and Rosemary West. Here, have a look at what they did in this 45-minute documentary made in 2005.
Born To Kill? Fred West
- Who is
Fred West? Frederick Walter Stephen West was a builder born on
the 29th of September, 1941, in . Now given the benefit if hindsight, Fred's childhood was a rather turbulent affair. He was sexually molested by his parents. Uneducated. And suffered a de-habilitating injury because of a biking accident. Herefordshire, England
is Rose West? Fred's wife, Rosemary Pauline West, was born on 29th of
November, 1953, in
Devon. Now Rose -- just like her husband before her -- was abused as a child. Uneducated. And yearned to break from her harsh home-life. Something which Fred eventually gave her.
crimes did they commit? Between 1967 and 1987 the West's tortured, raped,
and murdered, at least 11 young women and girls, and concealed their victim's
bodies within their home at
25 Cromwell Street, Gloucester, plus their previous home and in a nearby field.
- Who is Caroline Owens? She was a nanny who looked after the West's children at the cusp of their murder spree. And although she was raped by them, she still managed to escape their grasp.
- Who were the West's other unfortunate victim's?
and Catherine West (8 years old and 27 years old respectively) were
Fred's step-daughter and his first wife respectively. Alleged that they
both moved to
Scotlandtogether. They were murdered in 1971.
Gough (20 years old) shared a lover with Rose, and was supposed to have
Weston-Super-Mareto look for work. She was killed in April 1973.
- Carol Ann Cooper (15 years old) went missing whilst walking back to her children's home from the cinema. She was killed in November 1973.
- Lucy Katherine Partington (21 years old) was a university student who disappeared after Christmas whilst visiting a friend. She was killed in December 1973.
Siegenthaler (22 years old) was a student from
South Londonwho vanished whilst hitch-hiking to Ireland. She was killed in April 1974.
- Shirley Hubbard (25 years old) vanished sometime between leaving a work experience placement and returning home. She was killed in November 1974.
- Juanita Marion Mott (17 years old) went missing whilst lodging at a friend's house. She was killed in April 1975.
- Shirley Anne Robinson (21 years old) disappeared after becoming pregnant with Fred’s child. She was killed in May 1978.
- Alison Chambers (16 years old) vamoosed for no reason what so ever. She was killed in August 1979.
- Heather Ann West (17 years old) was Fred's biological daughter from his first wife, and she vanished after complaining to friends about her abusive father. She was killed in June 1987.
- When were Fred and Rose West caught by the police? In August 1992, a rumour surrounding the death of their daughter, Heather, caught the ear of a local police officer. The officer informed the police, prompting them to begin their two year investigations.
- What was the result of this investigation? Once they were both arrested, Fred West committed suicide amidst his trial, whilst Rose West was sentenced to life in prison for her crimes.