1) What are your own origins Nadine? And what did you do prior to forming ‘Blue Girl Films’? Origins? You mean before I became an X-Man? Ha! I'm just a regular person with a regular job who has an interest in film-making and photography. I used to record an on stage show for horror nights with Miss Gory Rae. Then, by way of a local zombie film contest, and inspiration from local talents -- Jen and Sylvia Soska -- I took the plunge into making films, and haven't looked back since. I'm kind of wondering why I never did this sooner.
Maya's Journal’ and ‘Madame Soleil's Tea Party’? They are great cheesy fun mixed with blood. I'm a big fan of humor in horror you see, and did some in both.
3) If ‘BlueGirl’ was a piece of music or an object, what would it be and why? Hmmm. I would say the song 'Ich Will' by Rammstein. It means 'I Want'. I want to push myself more into my film-making and work on making them better. This song is perfect personal motivation!
5) Could you list your top five all time favorite horror movies? Listing favorites is very hard I tell you. My number one is easy: Evil Dead (all). Creepshow. The Thing (Carpenter). Hellraiser 1 & 2. Plus American Werewolf in London.
6) Has your wares had any media recognition as of yet? I have had quite a bit of exposure from various indie horror sites. My shorts were first picked up by 'Black Flag TV', 'Indie Horror News', 'Promote Horror', 'Horror Palace', and 'Happywax's Video Vault', to name but a few. Whilst I was writing this, I was told I'm in the 'Haunted Digital Magazine' also. I've been very fortunate to have all these great indie sites support my work. The festivals also help with exposure too.
9) Do you have any new projects on the horizon? I do have 2 in the writing phase right now. I'm going to stick with a couple more shorts to gain a bit more experience before plunging into a feature. Stay tuned!
Damn right we will, Nadine! Right dear reader? Because I'm sure you will visit her great blogsite, bluegirlfilms.blogspot.ca, and do the tweet-tweet, face-face thing too. Go on! Click-click-click.