Did you know that Elvis loved Cadillac cars so much, that in 1975 he bought one for each member of the 'Memphis Mafia', as well as a woman passer by who admired his lavish purchase? Boy-oh-boy! Isn't it a shame that he's not around today? Huh? Rather, than on this 55-minute documentary made in 2002. Thank you very much.
Elvis Presley - Elvis - The Final Chapter
- Elvis was my friend first, and boss second.
- He did events no-one else did before.
- Elvis' fascination with women began with his mother. He loved women because he could speak to them. Around men he had to be macho though.
- It began in the army. He took a pill to go to sleep. He took a pill to wake up. But Elvis wasn't Elvis when he was on drugs 24/7. Not the man I knew.
- I was with him for seventeen years, but when he'd gone it suddenly hit me -- he was never coming back.
- When I called the Colonel and told him that Elvis had died, he said to me 'This doesn't changes anything. I still get my fifty percent'.
- It's a tough life being a star.
- I was dating Elvis the same time he was with Linda. She was a Miss World. I was a free-spirit.
- Our romance was fleeting; I was a career more than a lover.
- He had a strange phobia about getting a girl pregnant. There was no... err... through-line during the sexual act.
- I only met the Colonel twice in the two years I was living with Elvis.
- His disease was drugs.
- He died just under a year after I left him. I couldn't go to his funeral. I didn't want to believe it was true.
- Not so long after my parents died in a train accident, Elvis came into my world.
- He gave a twenty thousand dollar gold pendant star to a young girl in the front row, ordering a security guard to stay with her throughout the performance.
was offered roles in the films 'Midnight Cowboy', '
Thunder Road', and 'A Star Is Born'. But the Colonel told him not to do them.
- If Elvis had a challenge, he'd want to face it -- head on.
- Elvis ordered someone to shoot the man that Priscilla was seeing, Mike Stone. But he dismissed this order not so long after he gave it.
was a television graveyard at the back of
Graceland. He liked to shoot TV's. Ha!
- There will never be another Elvis.
Say no more.