Jason Lapeyre On Amazon
1) In your own words, Jason, how would you describe ‘Cold Blooded’? And can you compare it to a film or a combination of films? 'Cold Blooded' is a crime film. I very consciously wanted to make a pure crime movie, something in the vein of the great Elmore Leonard adaptations -- like 'Out Of Sight', 'Jackie Brown', or 'Get Shorty'. Something very much about criminals and cops as real people doing their jobs.
3) If 'CB' was a song, what song would it be and why? Great question! I'll have to make the obvious choice and say - it *is* a song: Cold Blooded by James Brown. It's down and dirty, just like my movie.
"The cast is uniformly strong, the premise has a nice hook, and things actually get pretty dark and nasty before all is said and done. Fun stuff". -- Scott Weinberg, FEARnet.
5) If you could assign a smell to your movie, what odour would it be, and again, why? The antiseptic smell of a hospital with the whiff of gunpowder just around the corner. As for why, you'll just have to see the movie.
6) What were the main obstacles you had to overcome to complete this project? As with the making of any film, there were obstacles at every stage. Financing, production, editing. But really, it was just staying in the game long enough -- over 10 years! -- to realize my dream of directing a feature film that I'm proud of. I have to say a huge shout out of thanks here to my producers, Leah Jaunzems and Tim Merkel, for helping me realize that dream.
8) If there was a message behind this movie, what would it be, and why would you want to convey it? I'll leave any messages in the film up to the audience. As long as people are entertained by the story, I'm satisfied.
So there you gave it, folks. 'Cold Blooded' by Jason Lapeyre in a can. When you have the time I'd encourage you to check it out on their official facebook and twitter pages. Trust me. It's well worth the click.