Cosplay in America
1) What are your own origins, Ejen? Plus what path did you take in life before you got to where you are today? I was originally born and raised in Houston, Texas, and been working in photography ever since I left college in different roles: selling cameras, printing film, working at a photo equipment rental facility, doing social media for a photography lab, working as a photo assistant, and working as a photographer too.
3) How did this venture come about? I went to my first official con, 'Anime Expo', in 2008, and just fell into photographing cosplayers. I had originally gone to another con years earlier but it was just for a day. My friend suggested I make a book, and perhaps, I wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, I thought 'Alright, I can make a book... get it published... market it ..... and so on and so on'. What started as a pet project pretty much took over my life for a few years.
4) If ‘CIA’ was a piece of music, what would it be and why? If it was a piece of music it would be a mash-up. Different songs all jumbled and remixed together. Just like how you can see all sorts of cosplayers when you go to a con -- all jumbled up. Yup.
7) In your own opinion, what do the cosplay models you’ve come across all have in common? Passion for the character. Otherwise why spend your time dressed up as someone you didn't like?
8) If you site had a motto, what would it be? Cosplay for the love of it. Pure and simple.
Now I couldn't agree with you more, Ejen. Don't you agree dear readers? Yeah. Good. So when you have the time, you know what you have to do. Face-Face. Tweet-Tweet. Plus check out the official website, www.cosplayinamerica.com. Go on. It'll make you Smile-Smile.