1) What are your own origins, Gillian? Plus what path did you take in life before you got to where you are today? I grew up in Toronto with a nerdy older brother and a father who loved Star Trek. My brother and I played video games and MtG together and my father insisted I watch EVERY episode of Star Trek at a very young age. That probably explains why Riker was my first crush.
The rest is now history.
2) What are the most persistent comments you've received from your fans? I always love when I'm told that I did justice to the character or that my photos really capture their personalities.
3) What is your ‘regular’ job? And does it in any way shape or form aide you as a Cosplayer? I work full time as an Account Manager at a Marketing Agency. If anything it’s made me better at budgeting and time management, otherwise there aren't a ton of overlaps.
4) How did your friends, family, and work-colleagues first react to the news that you were a cosplay model? My family thinks it’s awesome. My parents love to see photos of what I’ve made. Most of my friends are cosplayers or fellow nerds so they love it too. The creative team at my agency think it’s really cool and come Halloween everyone wants me to make them something.
6) What was the best / worst convention you ever attended? Dragon Con is the best convention ever. Period. The worst conventions I've ever attended was probably just a tiny fan appreciation event, a.k.a. Just a dealer’s room and nothing else
8) What would be your dream Cosplay gig and outfit? The Warden from Warcraft and go to BlizzCon.
9) Has there ever been an outfit you just did not like wearing? And if so, why? I did a cross-play as Suzaku from Code Geass, and I just didn't feel myself at all. Likely because my chest was bound and I was dressed as a man, but also because I didn't connect or associate with the character. I did the costume for a friend and only wore it once.
10) Do you have a credo you live by? If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.