|[ WOLVERINE FOR SALE ]|
Using GENERAL terms, answer the following 4 questions about this FIFTH PART of a story entitled 'Savage'.
- WHAT'S THE MAIN THRUST OF THIS TALE: During a rather intense stand-off with the Hulk, Wolverine, Shanna, and Amadeus, have to high-tail it out of an underground complex, before everything around them... BOOOM!... blows up?
- ARE THE MAIN OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED: Yeah. No thanks to a giant gorilla barring there path.
- ANYTHING ELSE HAPPEN: I think Amadeus got an erection!
DOES THIS STORY END: With a monster from the
drifting off into space, paving the way for dark times ahead. Savage Land
Was it just me, or did anybody else laugh when Wolverine said to Shanna...
'Shanna, distract the monkey'.
Well, you try saying that phrase out loud without chuckling to yourself like an ape! Ogga-Ogga-Ogga!
What are the BEST bits about this issue?
(+) You have to admit, it was pretty awesome and funny seeing the Hulk being gulped up by a mutant killer whale. Ha!
(+) The jovial tone to this adventure was just f*cking amazing. It's as though Frank Cho is turning this book into a Marx Brothers comedy or something. Nothing in it seems stale or stagnant at all. Good job, Frank. Keep on trucking.
(+) As much as the Hulks sudden appearance did come across a mite staged in execution, it was still great seeing him interact with the rest of the cast. Lovely.
(+) Hey! Does anybody know who that ugly looking Alien was at the end of this issue? Plus why the hell he wants to invade Earth for? If not, don't worry, I'll make something up during my summation. Hahahah!
What are the WORST bits about this issue?
(-) My only slight gripe with this yarn is that it did read a bit too fast for my own liking. First we had a stand-off. Then we had a monkey. And after that we had BOOM, BASH, CRUMBLE, and OHHHH! Know what I mean?
Choose TWO CHARACTERS out of this comic book, and then compare them to two MUSICIANS.
JOE COCKER AS WOLVERINE: Did you know that when Joe was a young man, he used to dress up like a nutter and jump around like he had something inserted into him. Sound familiar? Yeah. He thinks so too.
PINK AS SHANNA: Just have a good hard look at Pink, and tell me she couldn't take on any man she comes across like an Amazonian possessed. Grrrrr!
What QUOTE would be appropriate to sum-up this story?
'Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town' -- George Carlin
What SONG, THEME-TUNE, or MELODY, would complement this tale, as well as add and extra dimension to it by default?
'DON'T LEAVE ME THIS WAY' BY THE COMMUNARDS: OK. So once the Hulk has been gulped down by whatever ate him in this issue, a moment later, you hear the following song, keeping in tune with this very funny tale. Say no more.
Imagine a spaceship from the stars suddenly descending upon the Earth. Now some people might wonder what the hell they are doing here, surmising that it must be a bad thing no matter what. But we know better, don't we? We know that it's because...
- ... they have run out of petrol, and were wondering if we could fill them up.
due to mishap and misfortune, their GPS has gone on the blink, and don't
know the way to
- ... they are big Lady Gaga fans, and would like to know where she gets her beautiful dresses from.
- ... it beats holidaying on mars.
- ... they want to beat some one up, and our race seems like an easy target to pick on.
- ... one of there race is a big Elvis buff, and wants to know why he hasn't made any records over the last forty years.
- ... it gives Frank Cho an excuse to draw aliens for a change.
Anyway. That's enough of my bullsh*t for this month, folks. All I have left to say is that this issue of 'Wolverine' was a great-great read. The art was amazing. The characters showed character. And the only thing I can find at fault with it, is that it was very quick to plough through.
Still, nevermind. I'm sure things will step up a gear in the story department next month.
GIVE IT, IT'S DUES: If This Comic Book Was a Type of Confectionary, It Would Be a Sweet and Chewy One That I Hoped Would Have Lasted Longer in My Mouth.