1) What are your own origins, Rassoull? Plus what path did you take in life to get to where you are today? I made my very first comic book on the 29th of April, 2011, entitled “Alpha Wave The Origin” which was initially published on indyplanet.com. This comic book was done for my senior project to graduate high school in which I passed with flying colors. I also made a second book entitled “R-Man The Slickest Night” based off a superhero I created when I was 5 years old. Both stories are available to read for free on Manga Magazine. Currently I'm in Okinawa, Japan, for work in which during my off time I play basketball, make music, and create comics
Avatar the Last Air Bender, and Yu Yu Hakusho a lot! Those shows really inspired me and had a lot to do with the creation of “The Avakage”. However, the current version of “The Avakage” is a one-shot 115 page pilot story which is meant to give me a feel of what fans want. In essence, I will revamp this series and it will evolve into a totally different story.
3) In your own words how would you describe this story? This story has great artwork and a lot of action, it purely came from the heart. During the creation of this story (2005-2013) I was trying to balance my priorities with school in order to finish it so at times the story is pretty good, but at other times it’s pretty awesome. In essence, there’s still room for improvement
4) If ‘The Avakage’ was a song, what song would it be and why? It would be the mixtape song that I made called “Ani-Gang” because it’s based off of a variety of anime and incorporates the best traits from a lot of them.
6) What have you learnt about yourself through this endeavour? And were their any unforeseen obstacles you had to contend with along the way? I have learned that I am a resilient person who has a hard time giving up on his dreams. I have many things that I have to do and many things that I want to do and I am constantly at a crossroads when trying to balance them.
7) If your story omitted a smell, what odour would it be and why? It would smell like the seashore because the absurd amounts of water the “Avakage” uses against his enemies.
9) If your comic had a motto, what would it be? Create your own destiny & trust in the power bestowed upon you.
Wow! Lovely stuff, Rassoull. Simply put, but beautifully put too. So go ahead, dear reader! You know what you have to do next. Check out Avakage Universe Entertainment today. And open your mind up to another smashing new novel.