1) What are your own origins, Vincent? Plus what path did you take in life prior to getting to were you are today? I’m originally from the great town of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Coincidentally it’s the same hometown where David S. Goyer (Writer of The Dark Knight & Man of Steel) was born.
2) What inspired you to create your ‘Girl of Steel’ fan film? We wanted to develop a film for young women to aspire too. I feel that superheroes are respectable creatures that make positive decisions in critical situations.
We also wanted to create awareness around the high rating of domestic violence. I use to work production for a television show that received written letters from across the globe. 79% of those letters were about women seeking help from their abusive boyfriend / husband. I refuse to live in a world where that happens.
Girl of Steel was my message to the world to wake up.
4) If your film omitted a collective odor, what would it smell like and why? Justice.
5) If you could get a known celebrity – either living or dead – to promote your wares, who would you chose, and why would you want this particular person? I respect and appreciate Angelina Jolie after watching this speech.
Nothing is more powerful than awareness. When people have money, we must utilize it to help others. Actors like Angelina Jolie and authors such as Gene Houston and Maryanne Williamson, are one of many examples of fantastic role models.
I spent a pain staking two weeks casting Kara Zor-El. It was troubling accepting Supergirl had to be blonde and wear the “S”uniform.
When my stunt choreographer friend, Matthew Simmons, introduced Sarah McCreanor, I knew that she would revolutionize the way we see Kara. I wouldn’t replace her for anybody.
7) Do you have any other projects on the horizon? Right now, Girl of Steel is being reviewed by 9 film festivals and 4 Comic Con's across the nation. So expect a screening near you.
Flash made a cameo appearance at the end of our film. So guess what? Flash is part of the Justice League. We'll let the fans figure that out, huh?
Wow! Those were some very wise words to end on, Vincent! Some very wise words indeed. Don't you agree, dear reader? I'm sure you do. So when you've got the time please check out the Girl of Steel facebook page and youtube channel. Trust me. You'll love it as much as I did.