1) What are your own origins, Jill? Plus what path did you take in life prior to getting to where you are today? Thanks to my father I've been a fan of Lara Croft and Jill Valentine since my childhood. We played so much playstation together I always dreamed that someday I would become them. When I got older I discovered manga series like Naruto, Love Hina, Chobit, Wolfs Eain, etc.
In May 2008 I went to my first cosplay event as Haruno Sakura from Naruto Shippuden's version. The next year I was able to enjoy my cosplay of Lara Croft.
2) What are the most persistent comments you've received from your followers? I get a lot of: you're so pretty, I'm your fan, I want your autograph, and can you print for me your cosplay photos.
3) What is your ‘regular’ job? And does it in any way shape or form aide you as a Cosplayer? I work as a promoter and study drawing, illustration, and digital art. In truth I gain much of everything in the world to cosplay because I draw sketches of my cosplays and accessories
4) How did your friends, family, and work colleagues first react to the news that you like to cosplay? The reactions from my family, friends, and coworkers was fairly positive. My parents are fans of Star Wars and the world of games -- especially my father. So it's all good really.
5) How do you decide what Cosplay costume to wear for a convention? And who makes them? I decide what cosplay suit to design and wear based on a character's personality. I'm a cosplayer who doesn't try to emulate a character I'm not familiar with. I love being true to the character. I try to make all of my costume's myself, but if a costume is too complicated, I ask for some help from my mother or a friend.
My best convention on the other hand was Madrid's Expomanga, in 2013. When I was there I won a cosplay contest for best choreography with a friend -- it was a great experience
8) What would be your dream Cosplay gig and outfit? My dream outfits are: Jill Valentine revelations, Motoko kusanagi, Power Girl, Regina (Dino Crisis), Armor Kirin (monster hunter) and Selene (Underworld movie).
9) Has their ever been an outfit you just did not like wearing? And if so, why? No. Never. By in large I love everything I wear for cosplaying.
So there you have it, dear readers. My pal Jill and her life as a cosplayer. When you have the time please feel free to click on over to her facebook page. Or alternatively, prey to the Spanish Gods in the sky for some heavenly cosplay goodness.