1) What are your own origins, Adam? Plus what path did you take in life prior to getting to where you are today? I come from really humble beginnings, and grew up on the streets of Toronto -- literally -- and gained a lot of love for the people living in this city. I was shocked to see how many people with nothing still help each other. I owe so much to those in my life who, as I grew older, nurtured my writing and told me I could do it. Just believing in me was amazing.
My writing career really started in high school though. I was always writing Poetry for class, and those who requested it. I wrote a few songs of my own and for a few local bands, but above that I had dabbled for years on how to properly write a comic book.
A local comic store -- The Comic Hunter (Shameless Shout-out!) -- really gave me the connections I needed, but also gave an outlet for all of us in my town who like to write, draw, read or just talk about comics.
2) What inspired you to create The ‘Psychosis’ comic book? Psychosis has been a number of years in the making, but I just finally had the opportunity to find an artist who jumped in and was as passionate as I was. I have grown up around mental illness my whole life, so to be able to work with war vets, ex-military, psychiatrists and other professionals to create a hero who suffers a mental illness was an exciting time for me.
4) What have you learnt about yourself through this endeavour? I have had the ability to learn that I can complete something, and do it well. Working on this project I found quickly that my passion lies not only in reading comics, but in being able to write a story that others can enjoy!
5) What song would you say best represents this project and why? I'd like to mention two songs if I may. UTFO's 'Split Personality' -- this one is pretty self explanatory based on our hero -- plus Iced Earth's 'Dystopia' -- it really has an amazing story as most of their songs do. I have been a fan of Iced Earth since The Dark Saga, (The CD for the Spawn movie).
7) During your time in this field, what is the one thing that has kept you in good stead? I would have to say it would be the knowledge that I am writing something that I know people will enjoy. I will have my name live on through my story. This is not the easiest business to break into, but trust me when I say to all the other writers, artists, and comic book lovers, it's plenty worth it to try.
8) If ‘Psychosis’ had a motto, what would it be? We are human. We are endangered. Yet we will survive. It really means that as a whole, through all of our struggles, we will find a way to push forward.
So there you have it, dear readers. My mate Adam and his great comic book called 'Psychosis'. When you have the time please feel free to click on over to his facebook page for more details on this worthwhile project. Go on. Click-click. You be mad not to.