1) What are your own origins, Winston? Plus what path did you take in life prior to getting to where you are today? When I was in the 4th grade, my Mother's friend, who was a schoolteacher, had given her a boxload of confiscated comic books from an entire school year for me to enjoy. I had always enjoyed reading comics but never had my own collection, so what she had given me was more than enough material to go through. A lot of what was in the box was Xmen, Superman, Avengers, and Suicide Squad.
3) Can you briefly tell us what it’s about? In the not too distant dystopian future, Houston, Texas, has become the most crime ridden cesspool of destruction and chaos in America. With a severe lack of funding and manpower down to a fraction of it's original numbers, the Houston Police Department has no choice but to downsize all remaining precincts and combine them into one central unit focused on patrolling the entire city. This minuscule task force of highly trained individuals is ready to bring the city back to justice, but at what cost? One man will learn the true meaning of what it is to be a hero and change not only the city, but himself as well...
4) What song would you say best represents your story and why? 'All Along the WatchTower' by Jimi Hendrix, as it has lots of struggle, pain, and heartache, but in the end its all worth it!
5) If you could get a celebrity – either living or dead – to promote your wares, who would you choose, and why would you want to choose this particular person? Stan Lee! No other comic book creator has done more for the business of comic books, ever. If he were ever to give the seal of approval, it would solidify my brand for ages.
6) What have you learnt about yourself through this endeavour? And were their any unforeseen obstacles you had to contend with along the way? I learned that I'm a much better businessman than a comic book creator or artist. But I had no idea advertising and promotion was going to be as difficult as it seemed! I figured the internet would do most of the work for me, Ha!
7) During your time in this field, what is the one thing that has kept you in good stead? The support of my family, friends, and devoted fans for the series!
8) If ‘The Soul’ had a motto, what would it be? "I can shape my body, I can sharpen my mind, but I will always be true to my SOUL".
Wow! And so on that inspirational note, dear reader, I'd like to thank Winston for telling us about his comic book, 'The Soul', before directing you towards his website, facebook, and twitter pages.