Michael Van Cleve On Amazon
1) What are your own origins, Michael? The singularity. Isn't that where everyone comes from?
2) What inspired you to create, ‘Sun Child Of Israel’? You get a lot of ideas when you're the guy on the couch. Actually, I always loved the concept behind the story of Samson, and I wanted to create a biblical story that was interesting, dynamic, and engaging, despite the background of the reader. Plus, Samson does a lot of skull smashing.
3) In your own words how would you describe this story? Child of the Sun is ultimately a love story. A love story between a lonely boy and a complicated woman, with just a little skull smashing and wars and getting wasted and eating people and stuff.
4) What song would you say best represents this comic and why? 'Signs of the Judgment' by Mark Butler. Look it up and check it out. Or maybe, 'Halellujah', because of love and stuff.
6) What have you learnt about yourself through this endeavour? Apparently its possible to live in a quantum state of being... very patient, and very-very impatient.
7) During your time in this field, what is the one thing that has kept you in good stead? Working on comic books can be very tough, but at the end of the day its something that I enjoy, so its rewarding to see the project come to fruition.
8) If ‘Sun Child’ had a motto, what would it be? Don't be afraid to lose.
And on that note, I'd like to thank Michael for telling us about his comic book, Sun Child Of Israel, before directing you towards his official facebook page.