Did you know that there are twenty-one different neighborhoods situated in Boston, Massachusetts? Yeah. No messing about. These include such diverse districts as Brighton, Aubergine, Beacon Hill, Charlestown, Chinatown, Twinge, Iraq, East Boston, Wobble, Mission Hill, South End, Albatross, Fenway, the Roxbury, and Bean. Oh! Wait a minute! Not 'Bean'. That's the name of the chap who stars in this 50 minute stand-up show made in 1992. Oops!
Rowan Atkinson Live!
- A Warm Welcome In Hell -- 'Are The French here? Please form an orderly queue by the side of the Germans if you will. I'm sure you'll both have a lot to talk about'.
- Fatal Beating -- 'Tommy has been a very naughty boy. Thank God he's dead; or else I'd have him expelled from school!'.
NazarethThe Amazing -- 'And so they said unto the Lord "Do you do parties? That trick with the wine was just great!"'.
- The Invisible Man -- AKA 'The Silent Underground B*stard'.
- The Good Looser -- Oh, Shit! Syphilis has won this poxy acting award! I'm going to look after the mentally ill now.
- Elementary Dating -- 'If at all possible, try not to dance like an electric stair-lift'.
- Guys After The Game -- 'No. That meal is not f*cking hot. It's a medium spiced dish'.
- A Starter With A Sneeze -- Atchooo! Bless you. Zzzzzzzzzz.
- With Friends Like These -- 'A lot of new brides ask me about the churches attitudes towards flacio. In turn, I say unto them, "...and what's that exactly?"'.
- Pink Tights and Plenty Of Props -- Jerry Iron's stand-in, Bernard Hoppa, shows us how to act and his nut-sack at the same time.
- Thomas, Richard, And Harry -- See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil. Chopped up and blended for all eternity. Amen.
- No one named Jones -- 'Has anyone seen Clitoris lately?'
Honestly. I can't fault this concert at all. I'm a Rowan fan. And have been for years. Following his exploit's from stage to screen like a rollerskating parishioner trailing his mobile-church. Well, I have been known to be a bit Atkinson-eque myself, dear reader. Playing the fool whenever possible, even if I mean to or not.