1) What are your own origins, Angelique? I was born in Chertsey, England, and my father is British and my mother is French. We moved to Brittany, in France, when I was 9, and I lived there until I was 18. That is when I moved to London to pursue acting. I would consider myself French and British, on equal levels, as I like to embrace the best of both worlds. Both countries have very much influenced me.
The Wizard of Oz'. I just wanted to be Dorothy and play with these characters. I loved it. I also loved being on stage, either through dancing, gymnastics, or theatre.
A bit later, I remember being fascinated by the TV show, 'Friends', as this group of people made people laugh and cry every week. I was obsessed, and I remember wanting to do the same. I was inspired by film and TV very early on, creating a world and making it real on stage or on screen. I was inspired mostly by actresses like Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, and I grew up watching all of their work.
3) Can you briefly tell us about some of your filmic projects? 'Rough Cut' is my first lead role in a feature film. We went to the Cannes film festival with it and it premiered in October in Leicester Square -- very exciting!
I also filmed my first lead role in the French film, 'Tout Est Dans Les Yeux', which is being released by the end of the year. I loved playing a french character, and shooting in Paris was amazing.
Quite recently I finished filming, 'A Fools Game'. It's an action packed movie that will be released in March, 2016.
Finally, I'm taking on writing with producer, Laurence Williams. This is my first time writing a script, which I'm going to play in. I am thrilled as I love the challenge!
4) What song would you say best represents your style of acting? What a great question! I would say the best song that describes my acting life would be, 'The Climb' by Miley Cyrus. I love the message in this song, as it's hopeful and shows that nothing can be achieved without hard work. It's a journey, so it reminds me of my acting life, certainly.
As for my personal life, I have to credit this to my best friend, she found the song, 'That Don't Impress Me Much' by Shania Twain. It's a great fun song about confidence, power, and not taking it too seriously. I think it suits me well :)
Taylor Swift. She is a genius when it comes to promoting / marketing herself, while being approachable, empowering, and grounded. I think she would do me justice. I would happily let a smart and genuine young woman like her promote my work.
6) What have you learnt about yourself through this endeavour? I have learnt so much. First of all, try to be resilient, as you will get rejection and negativity thrown at you. Over the years I've learnt to be patient, and that you can't trust everyone in this business. I've also understood not to take it personally... some roles are just not meant to be. I am very proactive and it makes me more determined about what I'm trying to achieve.
Also, a very important thing, you can't do it alone. A support system is key, and I'm smart about the people I choose in my life, people who have a good influence.
Finally, I'm learning from my own mistakes constantly, and I've grown a lot and I'm hoping to keep learning every step of the way.
8) If you had a personal motto, what would it be? Reach for the stars while appreciating the ground.
Well, isn't that a great way to end an interview, dear reader? And so on that note, all I have left to do is to thank Angelique for telling us about her life as an actor, before directing you towards her website, facebook, and twitter pages.