|[ GET READY FOR A BARGAIN ]|
Using GENERAL terms, answer the following 4 questions about this FIFTH PART of 'Trinity War'.
- WHAT'S THE MAIN THRUST OF THIS TALE: With numerous members of the Justice League individually being possessed by Pandora's box, the rest of them have to knock it out of harms way and then save the day.
- ARE THE MAIN OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED: Well, there is a knocking, yet I'm afraid to say there's no cigar.
- ANYTHING ELSE HAPPEN: Team Superman tries to deal with the fallout of A.R.G.U.S going BOOOM!
- HOW DOES THIS STORY END: With a box ready to be opened.
All in all, what is the most memorable SENTENCE OR CONVERSATION spoken in this issue?
Although the words in themselves don't sound very impressive when you say them out loud, I did like that bodacious moment when Zatanna yelped out...
'Enoyreve Teg Yama Morf Eht Xob'
... causing everybody to get away from Pandora's box. I'm not sure why though. Can you? Ha!
What are the BEST bits about this issue?
(+) How do you do it Mikel Janin? How do you create page after page of multiple character based artwork without a single hiccup along the way? I don't understand. Honestly I don't. I know that you are a great artist. That's a given. Plus I also know that you can draw like the 'Justice League' luminary, Kevin Maguire, too. But... errr... how can I put this? Oh! I know. Don't ever-ever change, pal. You're perfect just as you are.
(+) I did enjoy the fact that Jeff Lemire made sure some of the 'Justice League Dark' members had a time to shine within this particular issue. If you think about it, it couldn't have been very easy for him, juggling so many characters and plots all around in one single story. Good on you mate. Well done.
(+) As much as Team Superman had a somewhat minor role during this tale, that's not to say their sections wasn't as emotive or as personal as the rest. It was you know! Very personal. And it had a bit of a kick to it that made me want to see more.
(+) Did you catch a glimpse of Earth 2 on that Captain Marvel splash page? It was an amazing sight, wasn't it? But what could it mean? Hmmm?
What are the WORST bits about this issue?
(-) At a push, the only thing I wasn't too keen on about this adventure was how its overall structure came across a bit topsy-turvy in execution. One minute one thing happened. The next minute something else. Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera. Until the very-very end of the tale.
(-) Oh dear. Here we go again with another all-battle issue! Tut-tut-tut. And we all know my feelings towards this sort of thing, don't we? Too much action and not enough plot. Shame.
Choose TWO CHARACTERS out of this comic book, and then compare them to A REAL-LIFE HISTORICAL FIGURE.
ROBIN HOOD AS GREEN ARROW: Yes. Finally the opportunity has presented itself so I can place these two heroes side by side for some very obvious reasons.
What QUOTE would be appropriate to sum-up this story?
'Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man' -- Nietzsche's Quote about Pandora's Box
What SONG, THEME-TUNE, or MELODY, would complement this tale, as well as add and extra dimension to it by default?
'RULE THE WORLD' BY TAKE THAT: Now in coming up with this comparison, I said to myself 'I need to select a song that is bold, full of life, expansive, and has a very cinematic feel about it'. And so though and behold...
OK. So let me get this straight. Pandora's Box is some sort of mystical portal that has the ability to warp people into... errr... somewhere of some importance. Alright. Fair enough. But where could this 'where' be, huh? Surely not...
- Walmart -- For all your shopping needs. Ding!
- Simon Cowells Ego -- Yuck! Can this place possibly be habitable?
- The Watchtower -- Oh! Wouldn't that be a right anti-climax!
- Somewhere over the Rainbow -- Well, that's how the song goes, right?
- Donkey Kong Country -- Quickly. Jump over the barrels. Jump over the barrels. Duck. Duck. Duck.
Camp David-- And I'm not talking about the homosexual ice-skater.
- Kate Middleton's sock draw -- Hgggmmm. Socks.
-- Its right across the street from the church. Nympho Gang-Bang Porn-Star Island
- Earth 2 -- Didn't you catch a glimpse of it on that Captain Marvel splash page? Nudge-Nudge! Wink-Wink! Hint-Hint!
Anyway. That's enough of my sh*t for this month, fellow comic book fans. All I have left to say is that this issue of 'Justice League Dark' was a way above average chapter of this mega crossover event. The art was magnificent. The story was simple yet mumbled. And overall, I can't wait to see how the next chapter leads into... groan... villain month.