|[ WRAPPING UP THAT PRESENT ]|
Using GENERAL terms, answer the following 4 questions about this STORY entitled 'Monster Mash'.
- WHAT'S THE MAIN THRUST OF THIS TALE: As soon as the Monster Squad brings him back from to life, Daredevil follows their instructions, and attempts to snatch away the Darkhold ledger away from Satan himself.
- ARE THE MAIN OBJECTIVES ACHIEVED: Well, let's just say that a snake in the grass doesn't help matters much, OK? Apart from that, though -- yeah --everything seems to turn out pretty hunky dory.
- ANYTHING ELSE HAPPEN: Matt has a dream about him and Foggy stranded on a desert island together. Ahhh. Bless him.
- HOW DOES THIS STORY END: With a fire paving the way for next issues showdown between two horn-headed deviants.
All in all, what is the most memorable SENTENCE OR CONVERSATION spoken in this issue?
Picture the scene. Daredevil is traipsing through the underground, following his way to parts unknown, when suddenly, he says to himself...
'I'm so far out of my wheelhouse I might as well be on the moon'.
Ha! What a clown. Plus I did love the use of the word 'wheelhouse' myself. I thought that was very down to earth.
(+) Monsters. Monsters. Monsters. Who in their right mind don't love a monster? Especially a sixty's styled one! Not physically of course. No. That would be... err... most unhinged. What I'm talking about folks, is... well... you know what I'm talking about! Love a monster. Love this book.
(+) Wasn't it a nice little surprise when Matt revealed he subconsciously saw Foggy as his Dad's old greengrocer? I mean, its little tit-bits like these that make this series very personal in tone, and very associative by nature. Good job.
(+) OK. So this Darkhold scrapbook was the first book ever written, and it's basically a 'how to' guide in creating monsters and goblins. Fair enough. Sounds reasonable I suppose. Plus goes to show what they did back in the day when they didn't have ebay, Ha!
(+) As much as I loved following the devilish conceit behind this adventure -- especially that scene where Daredevil goes toe to toe with a snake in paradise -- in the same breath, I wasn't quite sure about the story's conclusion myself. A part of me enjoyed its abrupt brashness, whilst another part of me wasn't too keen on its 'quick fix' nature. Hmmm. 50 / 50 at best.
What are the WORST bits about this issue?
(-) The only thing about this adventure I wasn't too keen on, would have to be that scene where Matt threatened Garth, so the rest of the Monster Squad could aide him in recovering the Darkhold ledger. Hey! They just brought him back from the dead for crying out loud! Couldn't he have taken a few deep breaths before he jumped right back into the breach? Tut-tut-tut, Matty my boy. Courteously costs nothing you know. Ha!
Choose TWO CHARACTERS out of this comic book, and then compare them to FRUIT.
A RASPBERRY AS DAREDEVIL: Now everybody knows that carrots are supposed to be good for your eyes, but did you know that raspberries are too? Yeah. Straight up. A prune told me.
A PRUNE AS THE SNAKE: Hey! Don't grown! What other fruit do you know, can make you sh*t your own pants?
What QUOTE would be appropriate to sum-up this story?
'Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole. Yielding is opening the door and inviting him in' -- Billy Sunday
What SONG, THEME-TUNE, or MELODY, would complement this tale, as well as add and extra dimension to it by default?
BOBBY 'BORIS' PICKETT & THE CRYPTKICKERS WITH THE 'MONSTER MASH': Damn it. I had to compare this story to this song, didn't I? I wanted to resist. Honestly I did. But come off it. They both share the same f*cking name! So what choice did I have?
Hello, darlingsssss. I'm the ssssnake. The sssaid sssame sssnake that tempted Matt in this very isssssssue of 'Daredevil'. It wasn't very easssy you know. Tempting Matt in the manner I did. Beforehand I had to do a bit of resssssearch on the internet, just ssso I could find out what he hated more than life itsssssself. And do you know what I disssscovered, my friend? I disssscovered that Matt...
- Hate's any film ssscore created by Danny Elfam, becausssse he ssssays they all sssound the bloody ssssame.
- Frownsssss upon the idea of paying taxesss. But who doesn't?
- Laughed his ass off when he discovered that Ben Affleck was going to play Batman in the up and coming Man of Steel sssssequel. God only knows why though? Maybe it's because of the association.
- Love's the ssssound of otters jumping for joy on a trampoline, becaussse it reminds him of having sssssex with Electra.
- Smiled at the sssound of Kim Kardashian ass-checks wobbling in the new Kanye West music video. Well, it was better than the ssssong, huh?
Anyway. That's enough of my sssssh*t for this month, folksssssss. All I have left to sssssay is that this issssue of Daredevil reminded me of a cat wearing a pair of boxing glovessss. Nice to look at. Funny to box. And at the end of the day packssss one hell of a punch.